Ladies and Gentlemen (and the rest) of the Kooyer clan of Minnesota, here are the initial details of the reunion for 2009:
- Where: Cass Lake, Norway Beach: Chippewa Loop and Norway Loop
- Date: August, 7th, 8th and 9th, 2009
- Time: Whenever you arrive.
- Who: You and yours! Or is that us and ours? As I find out who is attending this year I will post a list on this site and point you to the link.
Regarding Chippewa Loop:
As many of you know with the slump in the economy, camping is at an all time high this year. All national camp sites are booking up at record speeds. I apologize for not getting on top of this a little sooner, but I assure you I’m doing everything I can to help make the event worthwhile!
Chippewa Loop is booked full. Today I reserved the last 4 campsites under my name at $56 each for the weekend–That’s two nights for Fri and Sat at $28 including cancellation fees. I know some of the family has already booked reservations at this site. I do not know who. For those of you who must have a Chippewa Loop camp site you should contact me as soon as possible to get one. I am not taking any of the spots for myself so there are currently four available.
- These campsites are RV equipped.
- 10 Persons per site are allowed.
- You may have either 1 RV and 1 Tent or 2 tents per site.
Regarding the Norway Loop:
This is the larger loop. There are 30 available sites as I type this. I expect by the end of today or tomorrow to have the Chippewa spots that I reserved booked for family members. If you don’t mind where you are on Norway Beach and are active and able to move about easily I suggest you book here.
Picnic Shelter & Activities:
I have reserved the Picnic Shelter at Norway Beach for the entire day Saturday. Some suggested activities that include the use of this shelter have been:
- A picnic. (How novel!)
- A large game of Uno! (Bring a deck or two–we’ll use ’em!)
- Cribbage tournament!
- Bring a Board game…
- Other card games!
- A party in the evening? Formal attire is a must: Swimsuits, flannels, sweats and jeans are accepted.
Non-Picnic Shelter Activities might include:
- A Fishing outing
- Water sports (though I don’t know if we’ll have a volunteer for a boat) Maybe you could run real fast and skip across the water.
- Horse Shoes!
- Lawn Games!
- Scavenger Hunt?
- Other suggestions?
As you read above, things are booking fast. To give you an idea of just how fast National Forest Reservations are occurring let me share this: While I was on the phone with the representative, the reservation number jumped 550+ in ten minutes. That’s 550 reservations nationally every ten minutes. That’s about 55 reservations per minute. Or almost 1 a second! Granted, those are not all Minnesota reservations but if you intend on camping, I suggest you book now and book often.